The safety and well-being of the public remain the top priority of New Haven officials, as the city works to reopen certain sectors of the local economy in accordance with phase one of the State’s REOPEN Connecticut plan.
Here are some best practices to ensure a successful and safe reopen process:
- If you plan to support a local business (restaurants & retailers), call ahead or check their website for hours of operation, preferred payment methods and protocols of what to expect upon arrival.
- If you plan to support a local restaurant by dining outdoors, you must make a reservation in advance.
- If you plan to visit one of the city’s parks, visit the Parks, Recreation & Trees website for protocols and hours of operation.
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Individuals aged 65 and older or those with any high-risk factors are encouraged to stay home per the state REOPEN CT Protocols.
- Wear face coverings that conceal both your mouth and nose at all times.
- Maintain a physical distance of at least six feet from other people at all times.
- Disinfect your hands frequently with hand sanitizer or, if possible, wash them for a minimum of 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Be aware that all gatherings remain limited to a maximum of five people.
- In order to maximize social distancing during this time, consider utilizing the curbside pickup and gift card options that many of the city’s restaurants and retailers are offering. This is also a great way to support the local community.