Delicious Holiday Appetizer: Get the Party Started with Chef Romero’s Sharable App
This holiday season, we’re shaking things up. While traditional thanksgiving dishes like mashed potatoes and stuffing are an absolute staple on the table every year, it may be time to wow your friends and family with the unexpected.
When he’s not serving innovative dishes at Olea in New Haven, Chef Manuel Romero also enjoys making simple recipes at home. So, if you’re looking for a shareable appetizer easy enough to whip up before dinner, try out Chef’s recipe for his classic Pan Tumaca this Thanksgiving:
- About 4 slices of fresh, crusty bread
- About 4 slices of Serrano ham or prosciutto
- 1/2 a ripe tomato
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Rub the ripe tomato onto each slice of toasted bread
- Evenly spread the oil on top of each slice
- Serve the bread with the cured ham or prosciutto of your choice
Simple and delicious (we may have tested this in our own kitchen!) We’re grateful to Chef for sharing his recipe – tag us @infonewhaven on social with your photos of this delectable creation, using the #NHVCooks!